When I think about summer, one thing that always, always comes to my mind is strawberry rhubarb pie. I love strawberry rhubarb pie. As a matter of fact, I think that everyone should love it. To me it is the perfect combination and I can't think of a better pie that exists.
I don't love being in the kitchen, but when it comes to making this pie.... I get lost in the joy of knowing that when the timer goes off, I will be able to indulge in this tasty treat. I often times can't resist scooping up a forkful and shoveling it into my mouth with reckless abandon, even when it has only been out of the oven for five minutes.
As described by another pie lover, "These two contrasting specimens complement each other so well when baked together that it makes you believe that there's order in the universe, that there must be some guiding force who planted strawberries in one patch, rhubarb in another and gleefully put his or her hands behind his or her back and hoped that humans would figure it out." The rhubarb, with its extreme tartness and flavor, is slightly concealed by the sweet strawberries and buttery, flaky crust. It is amazingly delicious! My stomach is craving a piece right now! So until next time, be well, and know that we will try to save a piece of strawberry rhubarb pie, but there are no guarantees!
1 comment:
Mmmmm. That looks really good. Good job homemaker SaraJane. HA!
Post a Comment