Being with old friends brings out parts of your personality that have been long hidden or forgotten. These moments also help you realize how much you have grown and changed over the years.
This weekend my friend Cassandra drove out from Utah to visit. Cassandra and I have been friends since I was a Junior in high school, and we attended school together since I was in 8th grade. 8TH GRADE!!! That is a really long time to know someone and share life with them! Cassandra is the friend that has known me the longest and knows the most about my history - and I can't imagine how I would have made it this far without her encouragement and constant support.
We spent the weekend catching up on life: laughing, crying, acting a little ridiculous, acting a little too serious, sharing our fears, our joys, and then laughing a little more. It was great. I was a little sad that life has pulled us in different directions, but thankful for the friendship that we share. So thankful that there is someone who shares so much of my history with me. It provides a strong sense of connection that keeps a person grounded. Thanks Cassandra for being my "old (younger) friend".
1 comment:
Wow! Certainly a blast from the past. How's she doing?
Post a Comment