Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Last year I was fortunate enough to work with a very talented person who has similar philosophies, hopes and dreams as I do (and not just as a teacher, but as a mom of a little man). She seriously became a saving grace for me - and continues to be. I am so grateful for her friendship and the opportunity to work alongside her.

So during one of our many conversations last year, some how the idea was thrown out there that WE should start a school garden. We talked about all of the benefits (for both us and the students) and how great it would be to get this going.

Then I left her to do all of the work.

I know - I was not the most helpful co-sponsor of the garden club.

Thankfully, despite my shortcomings, she continued to do many, MANY amazing things and has made such a difference in this community.

The paper featured a story about the garden club, it made the front page!

I am so proud of her, this garden and all the work she has done so be sure to check the story out!

1 comment:

corourke said...

Definitely a team effort! Wouldn't have done it without you and little M. sure helped water :)