Probably the best part of our very quick trip was seeing my kid brother for the first time in several years. I can't tell you how happy I was to run and tackle him with a big bear hug. I have been waiting for that moment for a LONG time, and I only had to bite the insides of my cheeks a little bit so I wouldn't cry! My little brother (despite the extra inches he has on me and the fact that he is almost 30) takes up a pretty big place in my heart. We have endured a lot together and I have so many memories of us as kids, some good and others... well others remind me how crazy our childhood was at times. However, we share those memories, the same birthday and that same nose and huge forehead.
We were able to see him every day that we were in town and it was wonderful. My heart swelled with joy each time I was able to talk with him on the phone, visit with him in person, see him love on the little man. I love my big little brother and hope we get to share more life together in the coming years.





1 comment:
So glad to get a little glimpse of this part of your life. Hope you enjoy more time with your brother, loving on him and receiving love!
Post a Comment