
Our humble little abode!
The end of the school year, as any teacher knows, is a crazy time of year. You spend weeks running from one activity to another, hoping that you will get everything finished in time. We have been discussing for several months the possibility of moving back to "East" Laramie. We enjoyed our time in West Laramie, but felt somewhat disconnected from the rest of the town. We didn't have a lot of time to lend to house hunting, and felt extremely grateful for our friends who kept their eyes and ears open. Toward the end of April we were informed of a house that sits three blocks from campus, three blocks from downtown, and overall is in a great central location. The house was sitting empty since August because the gentleman that owned it wanted to find the right couple to rent it. We met with the landlord to look at the house and shared with him our situation. His thinking aligned with ours in the manner that we want this to be our home. We aren't crazy college students just hanging out; this has to be our home! We discussed with him our budget and some things that we would like to do around the house. He was more than willing to work with us on all of them. So we were excited to know that we could paint (something long desired by SaraJane) and have a nice yard (a requirement of Micah's). In our excitement to find such a great home and situation we informed him that we could move in the end of May/beginning of June. Yup, you read that right. We chose to move during our busiest time of year. We are not exactly sure what we were thinking, and we asked ourselves that many times along the way. We chose to clean and paint the house before we moved all of our belongings in. It wasn't until each of the paint colors had been chosen and put up on the walls that we realized we were running with a food theme. Our living room is painted Salt Fork. The guest bedroom is painted California Avocado, our bedroom is Butterscotch Sauce. We even painted our table and the color was Licorice Rope. We haven't had too many visitors complain of being hungry yet!
Our Living Room/Dining Room.

Our lovely PINK Bathroom. It looks much better since Micah painted.
Our quaint kitchen. We had to get creative with space and SaraJane has adjusted to using a step stool for almost everything.
Our Guest Bedroom--still being unpacked.
Our Bedroom.
We have completed many small projects and gone through many, many things. We have even had our first garage sale--another one will be following shortly. We are baffled at how we obtain so much that is unnecessary. Despite the stress that it added at times and the many long days, we have now settled in and only have a few boxes left to put away. We even have some wonderful neighbors living downstairs. They are so kind to us!
We are very happy with our new place and so thankful to be here. There is nothing like having a home that you feel comfortable in...even if it means moving during the most stressful time of year.
4 comments:
A guest room eh? We might have to make use of that at some point... Maybe I'll have to show you a picture of ours (with comlimentary bathroom) to tempt you!
Hey guys...your house is so cute. We might have to invite ourselves over to see it in real life. I'm so happy you guys are enjoying it!
Did you get the invitation I dropped in your mailbox? Thought I might have been able to see the house then, but I missed you!
SaraJane, Hope you're doing well without Micah. Matt's been off being a hippy for the last few days too. I should have called you and had you over last night to scrapbook with me. Of course I think of that now! : ) Have fun in Rapid and we will see you guys when you get back!
Thanks for blogging. I enjoy reading it since I don't get to see you guys as often as I would like. Love ya!
Hey! So I don't think I realized you guys had a blog until you commented on mine, so now I'm catching up on yours. I love your new house. I know you've been there for a few months now, but it looks great. Glad you added the pictures. And yes, we are moving to East Laramie, something I'm actually pretty excited about. :) We'll be moving in just a few weeks (the 16th) so you'll have to come see it once we're there!
It looks so different now! I am glad we got to see the couch sitution :)
Post a Comment