Friday, August 1, 2014

Exploring the Snowies

Micah took off this morning to ride his bike to Centennial, WY. It's about 30 miles from town and at the base of the Snowy Mountains, so I took advantage of his adventure and loaded the kids up in the car for a day of exploring. We had taken the kids up to the Snowy Mountains once in the spring time, but of course everything was buried in snow so we didn't get too far. This time around, I had to keep asking them to slow down. It was a wonderful hike.
 photo IMG_2194-1.jpg
We then picked up Micah and went to explore the area where he has been hunting lately. It was a beautiful area and made me realize that there is still so many areas that I have yet to see even though I live nearby. We hiked over streams, through fields of flowers, along mossy paths and in the shadows of the pine trees. Did I mention it was beautiful? It was without a doubt one of my favorite hikes this summer.
 photo IMG_2195.jpg

No comments: