There were many reasons why I loved our spring break trip as a family, but one of my favorite reasons is the numerous things that M. said over the course of the week.
At bedtime:
M. "I'm really worried I'm going to die soon."
SJ. "I'm sorry sweetie. I don't think you need to worry too much though. Aren't you a healthy little boy?"
M. "Not really! Today I ate 2 or 3 pieces of candy!"
Driving to Zion:
" Dad! You've got to pull over and look at this P I wrote!"
Driving through Zion:
"I can't believe how beautiful this is! It's like a dream!"
While hiking into Hidden Arch:
Little M. "I think I've been here before."
Micah "Really? When?"
Little M. "In my dreams of course!"
In the early morning hours:
SJ. "Are you warm enough sweetie?"
M. "Of course I am because this is the best place to be, between you and dad."
"Can we wake up now? I am so hungry I am feeling paper thin!"
While eating lunch on some boulders:
"I love you and dad more than anything in the world. Well, except God and Jesus. Can you be okay with that?"
Hiking down from Shelf Canyon (which had some high places that tested my fears):
"I know you can do this mom. You just have to be confident and brave and believe in yourself."
After getting down the scary part.....
SJ. "Thanks for encouraging me M. That was really kind of you."
M. "Sure thing mom. I was just practicing my empathy."
Relaxing by the river:
SJ. "Alright buddy, let's load up."
M. "Just wait, I still have some business to finish up." (throwing a rocks into the river)
Waking up in the middle of the night with a sore leg:
Micah was digging the medicine out of the kitchen tub and was so tired he kept making me laugh. Finally, he stumbled back into the tent and gave M. the medicine while I was still laughing at the situation. M. sits straight up with his eyes half closed and says, "What is this? A pill that makes you laugh? Ha. Ha." Instantly he lays back down and falls asleep.
1 comment:
These are all stinking adorable!!!!
Post a Comment