Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Finally a Place to Sit!

While in Rapid I was able to sneak in some thrift shopping. I didn't find exactly what I had set out for, but was satisfied with the purchases. As previously mentioned, I had big hopes for the bench/shelf that I found. For a while now, I have wanted some thing in the kitchen that would allow for someone to sit - if they so desire - while either taking off shoes or chatting with the cook. I knew that my purchase would require a little bit of my time and creativity.

Photobucket

With a little work I was able to pry it all apart and rotate the bottom shelf so it would no longer be upside down. I may at some point paint it, but that will be saved for those long summer days with warm weather. I may also create a cushion for the top, but again saving that for the long summer days when I don't have so much to do after a day of work and a cute little man wanting my attention. So for right now the shelf has been turned right side up and I picked up some baskets for storing winter gear.

Photobucket

There is still some debate about the usefulness of the bench in our teeny tiny kitchen (the little man loves it- while the bigger man is skeptical), but for now it is staying. Feel free to come see it in person and then you can let us know your thoughts and cast a vote.

1 comment:

Eva said...

i think it's cute!