The home we recently gathered in could be summed up into these words - the home I have been dreaming of since I was in second grade - Absolutely A - MAZ - ING. It was old, had lots of character, it was big and beautiful.....ahhh I am in love.
We left this "dream home of mine" and Micah immediately told the little man that this could be the most beautiful home that he will ever set foot it - and that it also had the sexiest water heater he has ever laid eyes on.
It is easy for me to walk back into our 1949 abode and start wishing for things to be different from what they are..... a bigger kitchen, a dining room, a porch...... the list can go on. But I can't giving myself a porch, or a dining room, or even a bigger kitchen at this moment or any moment in the near future. So instead, I do what I typically do and look for something to change that will satisfy my "dream home itch".
Luckily I have a fabulous husband who is along for the need to change something ride. So to kick off our Thanksgiving vacation we came home and started ripping out the carpet in our bedroom and the hallway. The goal is to get the carpet out of the entire upstairs since we discovered the original oak wood floors - but the little man was sleeping in his room so the last of the carpet ripping will have to come another day.
Until then, I feel a renewed sense of pride in the fact (and blessing) that we own a darling little 1949 home and are slowly making ALL of the improvements with our own hands, sweat and sometimes tears. Moments like this remind me that I have also always dreamed of owning a home that I could pour my energy and creativity into, and that there will be more stories and lessons to tell when I work toward my dream - not just have it fall into my lap.
1 comment:
sexy water heaters...now we've gotta see this! (YAYYY hardwood and YAY 519 Clark - one of our favorite homes ever ^^).
Post a Comment