Let me just give you a little taste of what we are experiencing... On Saturday it was snowing, Sunday it warmed up a little bit, Monday it was even a little warmer. Today we experienced spring with 67 degree weather. Tomorrow the high is suppose to be 55 degrees and then what is this? MORE SNOW on Thursday! It is common to have a conversation with someone and the topic of a typical Laramie spring comes up. We all try to convince ourselves that we shouldn't be surprised with the weather, this is the norm for Laramie. But really you can hear the yearning in everyone's voices for it to be different-for it to finally be SPRING! People will even offer up their "coping strategies" to make it through this period of waiting.
I feel as if I am in a constant state of waiting. I am waiting for spring to arrive, waiting for the school year to wind down, waiting for changes to be made. At some point I want to stop waiting--and just enjoy--maybe that is the point. Maybe I need to learn how to enjoy the moment I am in, rather than waiting and anxiously anticipating the next thing.
1 comment:
Woo hoo! I can leave comments on your blog now b/c I have officially started one of my own: terryandevabiers.blogspot.com. Hope you check it out. Pictures!
Your post reminds me of how excited I used to get everytime spring came, remember? I was like a different person in the summer. It was a little odd with last summer b/c it was soooo hot and humid here and I was so sick of sweating that I was welcoming fall and winter. But I suppose things are different in Laramie. =)
Post a Comment